Details of the Event
1. The event simulates the climate negotiations during the Conference of Parties (COP23) that will take place in Bonn, Germany in the month of November, 2017.
2. During the two day’s simulation, participants will take on the role as a diplomat for one of the countries involved in the current negotiations regard-ing issues of global importance concerning Climate.
3. The idea is to debate, consult and negotiate in order to come up with a reso-lution that addresses some of the critical issues in the climate change debate across the globe.
4. For each of these 4 issues, there will be different choices for a statement The country representatives can read the country’s policy on these four issues in the country’s position paper which is not more than 500 words that specifies what your country thinks of the topic being discussed.
5. The ultimate goal of the participants will be to get everyone to agree on a statement that satisfies most of their policy interests in the topic being discussed. The position paper submitted by each participant is a simplified overview of a country’s position that has been fitted into the context.
6. Not all of the position papers necessarily reflect the countries current positions.
7. During the simulation all countries may meet in the groups in order to work on a common strategy for the negotiations on a new climate treaty. However, it is also important that a common statement is formed with all the member States present at conference.
8. The dress code is an important part of the simulation. Hence, students should attend the session with proper Formal delegate attire.
Agenda : CLIMATE CHANGE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The four Major Issues that are set to be discussed are as follows:
1. Climate Finance
2. Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC)
3. Capacity Building, Adaptation and Mitigation Issues
4. Technology Transfer - Planning and Implementation Issues
1. Each team shall comprise of two members from the same University/ College/School (The event is open for All streams including Management/ Engineering/ Humanities etc.)
2. They will be allotted a country based on their preference from the list of country matrix provided here during completion of registration process. Note: In case of same preference, allotment will be made based on writeup submitted during registration.
3. The preliminary round selection will be based on submissions made to the questionnaire attached here on or before 17thSeptember 2017.
4. The shortlisted teams for National Finals will be notified via registered email on or before 20th September, 2017 for Payment of registration fee and other details.
5. The registration fee for two member teams is 2000/- INR to be paid after teams get shortlisted.
1. Best Delegation: 20000 INR and Trophy
2. 2nd Best Delegation: 15000 INR and Trophy
3. High Commendation: 10000 INR and Trophy
Participation fees of Rs. 2000/- is applicable which includes registratin charges accomodation and food.
Payment can be made on following bank account
Registrar, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University,
State: Andhra Pradesh, PIN CODE: 530017, IFSC CODE: ANDB0002837,
Branch: Waltair, MICR:530011020,
Branch Code: 000633,
Account No: 283710100024089
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
K. Siva Rama Raju: +91 8500118765; Satvik Dhingra: +91 8688803582
Madhuri Krishnani: +91 9039958333
Name : Xyz